Splash (www.splash.org) is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” In ten years, we have brought and continue to ensure safe drinking water to over 400,000 children in cities around the world.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People - People first. People second. People third.
- Quality - Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty - No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy - Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes - Make them, don’t repeat them.
This full-time position is based in Seattle, WA, USA.
As part of Splash’s Global Finance team, the Senior Analyst will provide cross-departmental support. This position will also assist in creating the annual budget and refining the processes and tools for budget oversight throughout the fiscal year. This role will focus on identifying improvements in reports, tools, and processes for management. This is a collaborative global position that includes working alongside staff located in all offices, particularly colleagues and department directors in Seattle.
This role will report to the Director of Finance and will work closely with finance team members in Seattle, Ethiopia, and India, as well as our partner finance team in Nepal. This position provides a unique mix of day-to-day FP&A tasks combined with the opportunity to collaborate with department leaders and international offices to implement process improvements as we continue to grow our impact.
- Develop reports and analysis for use in developing grantor budgets and reports alongside global stakeholders, including the Development team and budget leads.
- Deliver timely and accurate donor financial performance on a monthly basis.
- Prepare, review, and distribute monthly financial reports for departments and country teams.
- Develop reports and analysis for use in tracking budget versus actuals and budget re-forecasting.
- Work with department and country team leaders to identify, analyze, and respond to budget variances and provide guidance to department and country team leadership.
- Develop reports and analysis to support management decision making as related to the annual budget, ongoing spending, and fundraising needs.
- Assist in the annual budgeting processes by working with department and country team leaders to cost their planned activities for the year.
- Co-lead, with the Director of Finance, the configuration and deployment of new accounting software and serve as an internal expert for rollout and support to global Splash finance teams.
- Identify and implement opportunities to leverage financial systems to improve reporting and analysis capabilities.
- Define and monitor key financial performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes.
- Serve as a champion for Splash’s commitment to honesty and transparency in all financial matters.