Splash is an international development organization founded in 2007 and headquartered in Seattle, WA. Our mission is simple: we clean water for kids. To date, we have reached over 600,000 children in cities around the world. In 2019, we embarked on an exciting, five-year initiative, Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone), to reach every government school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and Kolkata, India with improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure, WASH behavior change programs, and strengthened school-based menstrual health programs. This multi-donor, $45M Project will benefit one million children by 2023.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People - People first. People second. People third.
- Quality - Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty - No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy - Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes - Make them, don’t repeat them.
Splash values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization, and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants for employment.
To learn more, please visit www.splash.org.
This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and administering the financial records, systems, and processes of the organization. Implement and supervise financial transaction procedures and systems, to ensure transparent and traceable accounting practices. Define and analyze the project budget to ensure that funds are used according to the funding contracts, proposing corrective actions if needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the accounting and financial practice with all departments for sound workflow.
- Ensure the timely execution and control of monthly/yearly accountancy closure, financial reports, audits, and all service contracts for the organization.
- Ensure that Splash staff with financial responsibilities are aware of and comply with local finance procedures and laws.
- Check daily financial payments in line with organizational policies and procedures by giving due attention to authorization levels and budget codes.
- Review daily transactions are properly coded and entered into the accounting software.
- Compiles cash flow forecast and forward monthly cash requests to HQ on a timely basis.
- Prepare accounts payable and receivable schedules in line with the organization’s manual.
- Check the accuracy of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Ensure the inventory and fixed Assets are well maintained and counted on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports including expenditures by cost center/project.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and up-to-date payroll records based on salary allocations.
- Record and follow up on construction and consultancy payments as per the contractual agreements.
- Assist with annual budget preparation.
- Work closely with external auditors during the annual audit.
- Continuously stay abreast with donor policies, IPSAS standards, internal policies, procedures, rules, and regulations; compile and follow all applicable local policies.
- Support the Senior Finance Manager to monitor and manage compliance to splash internal Ethiopia’s financial and accounting policies and procedures, and ensure corrective action is taken for non-compliance.
- Support in archiving all finance documents and ensuring that they are in safe custody and easily accessible by the finance team.
- Perform other duties as required.